Kodo Millet Flakes :
It is a traditional food which closely resembles rice and helps in weight loss. It is easily digestible and is rich in phytochemicals and antioxidants which help in preventing different lifestyle diseases. Kodo Millet is a highly nutritious grain and an excellent substitute to rice and wheat. It has high protein content, low fat and very high fiber content. It is very easy to digest. It contains a high amount of lecithin and is excellent for strengthening the nervous system. Kodo Millet is rich in B vitamins, especially niacin, B6 and folic acid, as well as the minerals such as calcium, iron, potassium, magnesium and zinc. The phosphorus content in Kodo Millet is lower than any other millet and its antioxidant potential is much higher than any other millet and major cereals. Kodo Millet contains no gluten and is good for people who are gluten intolerant. Flakes made from this millet are equally beneficial as Kodo Millet.
Health benefits of Kodo Millet Flakes :
- Beneficial for postmenopausal women suffering from signs of cardiovascular disease, like high blood pressure and high cholesterol levels.
- Make a person feel fuller faster, thus preventing overeating and eventually helps in healthy weight management. Being naturally rich in fiber, millet flakes also help to reduce problems like constipation, flatulence, bloating and stomach cramping.
- Helps in controlling the blood glucose level and also helps in dermal wound healing process with the help of antioxidants.
- Helps to reduce blood pressure. Reducing your blood pressure and optimizing your circulatory system is one of the best ways to protect your cardiovascular health.
- Helps in reducing the risk of colon and breast cancer. Flakes also have linoleic acid which contains anti-tumour activity.
- Flakes have beneficial impact on neutralizing the free radicals, which can cause cancer and clean up other toxins from body such as those in kidney and liver.
- Helps in reducing joints and knee pain and helps in regularizing the menstruation cycle in woman.
There are no reviews yet